Buying your Home in 7 Easy Steps
Home buying doesn’t have to be hard and it shouldn’t be.
Here are the 7 easy breezy steps we take with every buyer to ensure we help them obtain exactly what they want with the fewest curve balls thrown their way.
Step 1: The First Meeting
We like to meet with our clients in person whenever possible. This is so we can get to know you on a more personal level and so you can get to know us too. We use this first meeting to:
- Gather information on your timeline and desires in a new home
- Connect you with lenders and other affiliates that are best suited to your needs and wants
- Educate you on the legal documents, procedures & expenses that you should expect to experience in a home purchase
- Teach you how to most effectively search for homes that meet your criteria.
- Inform you of current market conditions so you are best prepared when it is time to make the BIG offer!
Step 2: Loan Applications, Home Searches & Legal Documents
Getting pre-approved with a lender should occur before you tour any home for sale. We have experience working with a handful of high quality lenders that we will gladly connect you with. We only recommend lenders who we have had multiple successful transactions with and who have a track record for successful LOW STRESS experiences. Because that is how it should be.
For most buyers, it is in your best interest to get set up on an automated home search. When we set you up on this search, you will receive an email alert as soon as a new home comes on the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) as well as any status or price changes. We want you to be the first to know what is on the market. We also teach you how to find houses that are not on the MLS and assist you in that process too.
Legal documents can be overwhelming but not with us. We have worked with these documents for nearly 2 decades and make it easy for you to understand what you are agreeing to.
Step 3: Touring Homes (We call them Showings)
This is usually the part buyers like the best and honestly, us too! Because it means that we are about to help make your homeownership dreams come true!
When you are oohing and awwwing about the house, we are taking it all in too. But, we are also checking out the details of the home such as:
- Reviewing the sellers disclosure & inspection reports
- Noting recent updates or needed repairs
- Gathering info on any specifics that would impact your decision on making an offer.
If the house you are touring is the one, we want to be sure you have ALL of the necessary information before moving forward.
Step 4: Making the Offer
The decision on how much you offer is 100% up to you and you will have our assistance in determining what that offer is. We will provide you with:
- A CMA (Comparable Market Analysis). This analysis contains multiple comparable properties in the area that have recently sold. It displays the home details as well as price that the home sold for, how many days it was on the market, any fees that the seller paid on the buyers behalf, and more.
- Market statistics for the area and year. This will help you determine how quickly you may or may not need to move on this property.
- List of potential expenses & risks specific to purchasing this property.
Our goal is to provide you with the right information so that you can clearly determine the value of the home to you.
Step 5: Negotiations
It is exactly as it sounds. We negotiate for you with the seller representative, or sometimes with the seller directly if they do not have a real estate agent or attorney. We negotiate for your best interest only.
Step 6: Managing Contingencies
Common contingencies include inspection & financing among others. We will work with your inspector (who we can connect you with) & your lender to ensure all contingencies are met. And if further negotiations are required after the inspection or other contingency, we will educate you and negotiate on your behalf.
Step 7: Final Lender Approval & Closing
We are in constant communication with your lender and title company from the time of purchase agreement through closing. You will know what you need from us and when it is due.
We will complete a final walk through with you at your new home just before closing to ensure the home is as expected.
We will attend closing with you and ensure you successfully complete the purchase of the home you have been working so hard for. We will watch you collect the keys to your new home and witness the big smile on your face!